White Hall-Clermont Foundation
White Hall State Historic Site
White Hall State Historic Site
Clay Family

About the Clay Family

Clay family members have owned White Hall from its inception in 1798-99 until 1968, when it was donated to the state of Kentucky.

Green Clay married Sally Lewis March 14, 1795 in Fayette County, Kentucky. The union was blessed with seven children. Sally Ann Clay and Sophia had no issue. Elizabeth Lewis Clay's last descendant died in 1897. The descendants of Sidney Payne Clay, Paulina Green Clay, Brutus Junius Clay and Cassius Marcellus Clay are active members of the Clay family.

Clay Family

 Website funded by the White Hall-Clermont Foundation

White Hall State Historic Site
500 White Hall Shrine Road     Richmond, KY 40475-9159
Telephone: 859-623-9178               Fax 859-626-8489

free stats
 

 

© 2008- 2013 White Hall Clermont Foundation
Website Designed and Maintained by Graphic Enterprises

 GELOGOsm